Monday, July 12, 2010

Dresses, Dresses, Dresses!

We're never short on ideas of what to make...  Sometimes we overwhelm ourselves just thinking of what to do next.  So I have to admit that sometimes we pick and choose what WE think, over what YOU think.

Silly, silly, silly.

We held an Open House a while back, and Courtney got to talking to us about whether or not we made dresses.  Our response?  WE're capable, we just never had as part of the 'biz.  She was in need of matching ones in size 1 and size 9, and that's not something you can find in the store.  So inspired by her, we got a pattern, got looking at some fabric, and then posted it up on Facebook.

And then realized that we should have probably started making dresses eons ago.  But that's water under the bridge.  :)

Anyhow.  The only unfortunate postscript to this little story is that Courtney's dresses didn't turn out just like we'd hoped.  You see, we order a lot of our fabric from the states (and it breaks our hearts because we love to support our fellow canucks, but the price and selection just does NOT compare).  In all the time I've been ordering fabric from the states (and we're talking well before the playful peanut days), I've never had an issue.  A week/10 days and it's here.  So I ordered up what she wanted, and we waited.

And waited.  And waited.  And WAITED!  Until 2 days before her scheduled family picutres at which point we opted to wait no longer...

Courtney seemed pretty okay with the final result (basically picked from the masses of fabric in my basement), but I will admit to being pretty disheartened at how it all went down.

At least, I was until I saw the pictures on Meaghen's phone while sitting at Carman Fair.

What do YOU think??  Or can you even get past the ridiculously adorable family to even focus on the dresses??


PS - Big thanks to Jodi Lee from Memories by Me Photography for letting us borrow your pics.  I was in such a rush to get these dresses to Courtney that I never actually took pictures of them before they left.  Having now seen Jodi's pics, I'm pretty glad I don't have my mediocre photography skills next to it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment