Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fun Mom

It's not often I'm confused for a Fun Mom.  Oh, don't get me wrong, we play and colour and dance and sing and all that sort of fun stuff, but MESSY fun?  It's not often...

Today was a dreary day in souther Manitoba, and on those days the best thing to do is bake (well, actually the best thing to do is curl up with a good book or take a nap, but those don't usually happen with a 2 year old running around).  Anyhow.  My husband was in need of some snacks for his lunch, and the bananas were just about perfect for making muffins.  SO that's what we did.

According to my playful peanut, the best part about the aprons we make are the pockets.  .  And to everyone who's asked if our aprons really are one size fits all, well, here's proof.  She's 2, and it fits her just fine, but you can see she's got lots of room to grow (thanks to the adjustable straps).  This is technically her Christmas apron, but her mom hasn't gotten around to making her a non-festive version (what's that old adage about the shoemaker's kids never having any shoes??).
Now for the Fun Mom part.  "I do it self" is the most heard phrase around this house lately. 

She's so hard at work she isn't even looking at the camera to say cheese.  Obviously this baking business is hard work!
This pretty much sealed my title as Fun Mom today - yes, those are chocolate chips in those muffins. 
Now if you'll excuse me, Fun Mom needs to go wash the floor.  It ain't pretty... 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I *so* understand. (And I love love love your living room colour... Guess I haven't made an appearance in the Creek lately, hey?)

    ReplyDelete