Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Playing Around...

So my daughter's "boyfriend" turned 2 on Sunday (which means when he and my daughter get married he'll share a birthday with his mother-in-law, lucky guy!).  And you know what a birthday means?  An excuse to give gifts!

When you are considered crafty by those around you, there is generaly an expectation of creativeness in the gift.  The thing is, I don't actually consider myself creative. Being able to make something and being able to design something are two COMPLETELY different things.  But for some reason on Friday night as I was just finishing my home pedicure, the spirit moved me to create something clever for this little guy.  It all started from a passing comment about hooded towels at our Open House last week...  We've been getting requests to make them, and have actually started playing around with it a bit.  Well when his mom mentioned that is he OBSESSED (like OBSESSED) with roosters, I thought why not.  The fantastic thing about making stuff for kids is that they are an easily excited audience, and he did not disappoint!

I wish I had the picture of him wearing it, because the grin on his face says it all.  Instead, here it is, all folded and ready to be wrapped...

No comments:

Post a Comment